As soon as the little twinkle of a podcast appeared, we both knew we really wanted to talk about art, and most specifically - affordable art. Here is an ever growing list of the places we rate when it comes to sourcing artwork for your home ranging from the very affordable to more investment pieces. This is really our little black book, but we'll also have future posts on specific artists we love. If you want to hear more about us talking art in the home, be sure to check out Episode 2!
- King & McGaw
- Society 6 - be prepared to trawl, find cool people and check out their 'favourites' to discover artists.
- Red Bubble - be prepared to trawl, find cool people and check out their 'favourites' to discover artists.
- Pop Motif - NZ
- Endemic World - NZ
- Signed & Numbered - Australia
- Contemporary Editions - Australia
- The Galerie Fitzroy - vintage posters, Australia
- Letitia Morris - vintage posters, Australia
- Greenhouse Interiors - Australia
- Print Club London
- Unlimited Shop
- Urban Outfitters
- Gallery shops: MOMA, TATE, NGV, Auckland Art Gallery (to name a few, all public galleries sell posters and prints.)
- Toi Art Gallery
- Lumas - photography
- Tappan Collective
- Department Store
- The People's Print Store
- Enormous Tiny Art - a curated collection of original "tiny" (10" x 10" and smaller) artwork by artists all over the world.
- Poster Cabaret - modern design and gig posters.
- Little Paper Planes
- Jenny's Print Shop - purchase and then print yourself!
Sites that need a bit of wading.
Try specific search terms of follow other users with tastes you like!
- etsy - be prepared to trawl, find cool people and check out their 'favourites' to discover artists.
- Society 6
- Red Bubble
In future posts we'll share work we love from specific artists, but these places listed above are great to get started looking more generally! Please let us know anywhere that should be added to the list too as we'd love to know.