Pre-loved treasures! Why we love them and where to find them. Michelle & Evie discuss op-shopping and the rules of the game.
This episode features a LOT of recommendations for documentaries, as apparently when we're not thrift shopping - we're watching movies.
Removing the object from its surroundings to imagine in your own home - this is so key, things are totally brought down by the things around them. You have to look at them independently. We've summarised tips for op shopping here.
- Mary Queen of Charity Shops - on youtube.
- The True Cost doco - on netflix
- Michelle’s business Dollface Clothing Alterations
- Michelle’s ottoman
- Conroys - instant quotes for moving stuff within NZ. Can quote from trademe listings (a few places will do this!) NZ
- Midcentury Swag - Amazing imported vintage furniture - lots of hollywood regency style. NZ
- Mr Bigglesworthy - More beautiful vintage furniture, more Scandinavian and NZ. NZ